Fresh Herbs That Help Your HEALTH!
Herbs are a wonderful, magical thing, The antioxidants..the healing properties..the kick it gives to dishes..the list never ends.
Grow your own herbs, in planter pots, and add a burst of fresh green colour into your life- and save money too!
- Basil- Is a great source of Magnesium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Iron and Calcium.
Serving Idea- Homemade pesto- Olive Oil, Pine Nuts, Garlic and Basil Leaves.
- Coriander- Is a great source of Vitamin K, Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
Serving Idea- Grilled Prawns with Garlic Rice, Marinate the Prawns in Coriander, Garlic and Olive Oil.
- Cinnamon- Is a huge source of magnesium, fiber and calcium.
Serving Idea- Such a versatile spice- In breakfast dishes, desserts, drinks and meals.
- Cumin- Iron, Magnesium & Vitamin C are just a few of the incredible properties within cumin.
Serving Idea- The flavour is the reason most cooks love and use cumin. Have it in curries, or dips to add in that extra punch of flavour.
- Turmeric- Magnesium, Iro, B6, Fiber, Copper and Potassium.
Serving Idea- Add turmeric to eggs, rice and curries.
- Parsley- Vitamin K, C & A, Folate, Iron, Copper, Potassium, Calcium, Fiber, Magnesium and Zinc.
A bright, fresh tasting staple in most Australian households- serve in burger patties, salads, taboulii, pestos and sauces.
- Cayanne Pepper- Packed with Vitamin C and A, Potassium and B vitamins.
Serving Idea- Used in numerous dishes, but best served in savoury meals, sauces, chutneys etc
- Garlic- Magnesium, B6, C, Selenium, Copper, B1 and calcium.
Serving Idea- Sauces, main dishes, sauces, dressings- almost everything!
- Ginger- Great for nausea, huge anti-inflammatory properties and Immune boosting.
Serving Ideas- Great in fresh juices, salads, stir-fries, pestos and cookies.
- Mint- High in Magnesium, Copper and Vitamin C
Serving Ideas- From your typical fresh breathe mint flavouring to your chocolate mint slice bites, fresh salads, meals and almost anything in between, mint is great as it is one of the most versatile herbs.