Motivation Tips for Health and Fitness
We've all heard of motivational quotes, and we've all heard of fitness tips - but what about motivational tips?
Tips that can help actually spark some motivation in you and make you WANT to focus on your fitness and your health.
Everyone sometimes needs a bit of motivation (including myself!) to crack down on nutrition and step out the door and head to the gym.
To celebrate the second last day of of Mid-Year Fitness Frenzy, I am sharing this blog with a little something extra...
50% OFF ALL eBOOKS SITEWIDE (Thursday 30th July 2016 only)!
These tips combined with 50% OFF eBooks has got to best type of motivation you can imagine!
SHOP 50% OFF HERE - Price shown is already discounted and not valid with any other offer or coupon.
Here are the go-to motivational tips I use whenever I need an extra push:
- Put quotes on the fridge - you visit the fridge at least a few times a day right?
Simply glancing at a motivational quote a few times a day can instil a positive mantra into you, and help keep a positive outlook when it comes to health and fitness.
- Plan and organise your week ahead - planning ahead can put your priorities into perspective.
Being fuelled by purpose each day is a great feeling, planning can really set the tone for a great week.
- Keep a screensaver on your phone - a quote or a motivational image can make all the difference.
If you're following a meal plan like THE BOD, why not screenshot your daily meal plan and keep it as a screensaver you can refer back to?
- Set alarms - I use these set off little reminders throughout the day - restock the fridge, pack lunch for tomorrow, get work done, etc.
- Lay your outfit next to your bed - seeing your gym outfit in the morning when all it takes is a second to click the snooze button could be that little push you need!
It's even harder in winter and the perfect time to start colour-coordinating your gym outfit :P
- Motivational quotes - keeping motivational quotes around your common environments works as a visual reminder to motivate you!
Hang them up at home, at work or on your desktop.
- Goal setting for the day - small or big, if you set out a list of goals before your day begins, you'll get the best feeling of accomplishment for getting those things done!
Goal setting and hitting those goals will become a habitual routine and motivate you to create new and exciting goals each day.
- Take progress photos - this one's for those on their own personal fitness journey.
This is an amazingly effective way to track your progress (far better that numbers on the scale in my opinion!) and motivates you to keep on going.
Numbers can fluctuate for many reasons, but photos can help you see what you might not even notice in the mirror!
- Take measurements - like photos, measurements are a great indicator of progress and seeing changes here will push you even further.
Measurements can also help explain that while your weight may not be changing a lot, your body definitely is due to fat turning into muscle.
- Talk to your loved ones - friends, family and those close to you can honestly be better motivational help than all these other things in my list!
Sometimes all you need is a little perspective or guidance, and sometimes you need someone to simply understand your journey to remember the reason why you started!
- HOW TO: Fight Cravings
- Fads & Fibs
- How To Stay Accountable This Christmas
- Why Can't I See Results? Part 1.