Choc-Hazelnut Hot Cross Buns
A hazelnut & cacao flavoured hot cross bun? Perfect for those chocolate cravings over Easter!
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius fan forced.
2. Grease muffin tray with macadamia oil in a mould of your choice. (square is best for hot cross bun style).
3. Combine the flour, salt, hazelnut meal, cacao, spices and baking soda together in a bowl.
4. In another bowl, combine the egg, vanilla extract, yoghurt, milk, agave and date spread until smooth paste.
5. Slowly add the wet mixture into the dry mixture and combine until smooth.
6. Stir through the craisins then place in the muffin tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
Note: Date Spread - You can make this yourself by blending dates or prunes with water until a smooth paste forms.
Serving Suggestion: Use raw chocolate to make a cross on top to finish off the perfect hot cross bun.