Hot Cross Buns
A healthy make over on the traditional hot cross bun!
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius fan forced.
2. Grease muffin tray with macadamia oil in a mould of your choice. (square is best for hot cross bun style)
3. Combine the flour, salt, spices and baking soda together in a bowl.
4. Using another bowl, combine the egg, vanilla extract, yoghurt, milk, honey and date spread until it forms a smooth paste.
5. Slowly add the wet mixture into the dry mixture and combine until smooth.
6. Stir through the dried fruit and craisins then place in the muffin tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
Note: Date Spread: you can make this yourself by blending dates or prunes with water until smooth.
Serving Suggestion: Use raw chocolate to make a cross on top to finish off the perfect hot cross bun.