Another take on the famous muesli bar. Whether you make them plain or fruity, these taste delicious!
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Add the sultanas, almonds, pepitas, walnuts, sunflower seeds and cacao powder in the processor for 30 seconds. *If you wanted to add protein powder now would be the time to add 1 scoop. The mixture should be moist from the sultanas. If needed add 1 teaspoon of water.
- Mix in the chia seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, seasame seeds, desiccated coconut and honey.
- You can now add your choice of the puffed rice or quinoa flakes.
- In a separate bowl, beat 2 egg whites together.
- Mix the two mixtures together. It should be thin not runny, and quite solid. (My preference is to use a silicone bakeware)
- Push the mixture evenly into the container.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Once baked, place on a cutting board and chop while warm.
- Once cool place in an airtight container.
Oats can be added in place of the puffed rice/quinoa. If moisture is needed while using oats, add another egg white. Dried apricots, dates, craisins can be added in step 2 also.