Raw Christmas Cake
A delicious, raw alternative for this festive season!
- Using a round, spring loaded cake tin, cut baking paper to suit, ensuring the bottom is lined.
- Combine the mixed fruit, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange rind and walnuts together in a food processor. Ensure mixture is chunky but combined.
- Add in the coconut oil and mix.
- Press the mixture into the tin. The easiest way is to get another piece of baking paper and a potato masher, pushing the ingredients down.
- Place in the fridge to set while you make the 'filling'
- Drain the cashews.
- Drain the dates (however keep the water in case you need to use it to extend the mixture)
- Using a food processor (I used my thermomix, which has super powers as a food processor, so you may need to mix a little longer until smooth) combine the dates until smooth. Add in as much water as you need to create a paste-date paste! ;)
- Combine the cashews, orange juice, dates, maple syrup and coconut cream together until completely smooth. This may take up to 15 minutes. In the thermomix it took 8 minutes.
- Place the filling on top of the base, cover and place back in the fridge for 8 hours to set.
- Using my raw chocolate recipe, pour it on the top and place back in the fridge until set.
- Top with shredded coconut, cherries, strawberries or stewed apricots.
Enjoy with family, friends & loved ones!