The timing of this recipe is PERRRRFECT!
My Chai-Roasted Pumpkin Soup will be sure to warm your family’s bellies and fit into your macros too 😉
It’s the first day of winter and I couldn’t think of a better recipe to share with you than this Chai-Roasted Pumpkin Soup taken from MACROS.
- 1kg pumpkin, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- olive oil spray
- 1/4 cup (25g) walnuts
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons rice bran oil
- 1 small onion (80g), chopped coarsely
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3/4 cup (180ml) vegetable stock
- 1 3/4 cups (430ml) water
- ⅓ cup (95g) low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped
- fresh coriander
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- Place pumpkin on the tray in a single layer. Sprinkle with cardamom, cinnamon and pepper, then spray with oil.
Roast for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, line a small oven tray with baking paper. Place nuts on tray; drizzle with honey. Roast for 5 minutes or until golden. Cool.
- Heat rice bran oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
Add pumpkin, stock and the water to the pan; bring to the boil. Remove from heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- Blend or process pumpkin mixture until smooth. Return pan to heat and stir until hot.
- To serve, drizzle soup with yoghurt; sprinkle with honey nuts and coriander.
I hope you enjoy this deliciousness!
Leave me a comment if you’d like to see another winter warmer recipe!
I’m thinking Rhubarb & Raspberry Loaf?