Berry Bircher from My Kids Eat Volume 2 | FREE RECIPE!
Our family favourite Berry Bircher!
Here is a family favourite straight from My Kids Eat Volume 2 which is dropping for pre-sale on October 1, 7AM AEST!
This is a seriously scrumptious recipe that isn't just for the kids either - make a big batch and enjoy it with the entire fam in the morning.
It's perfect to fuel kids for a big day at school and to get you energised for a work day, a morning workout or if you're anything like me, an endless list of to-dos and errands!
- 1⅓ cups (120g) rolled oats
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon white chia seeds
- 3/4 cup (180ml) unsweetened apple juice
- 3/4 cup (200g) Greek-style or coconut yoghurt (see Swap It)
- 1 medium apple (150g) (see Swap It)
- 125g fresh berries
- 1 medium apple (150g), extra, sliced (see Swap It)
- 2 tablespoons natural flaked almonds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional) (see Swap It)
- Combine oats, cinnamon, chia, juice and yoghurt in a medium bowl. Cover; refrigerate for 15 minutes until thickened, or overnight.
- Coarsely grate apple and stir through muesli. Divide among four bowls; top with berries, extra apple, almonds and pepitas. Serve with maple syrup. The mixture will thicken on standing; add a spoonful of extra yoghurt or a little milk, if needed.
You could also use coconut cream or coconut water instead of the yoghurt. Try a pear or carrot in place of the apple and top with fruit in season. Swap honey for the maple syrup.
Make a double batch to save time; the muesli will keep at the end of step 1 for up to 3 days in the fridge.