You will love this breakfast loaf recipe!
This ridiculously heavenly loaf is delicious yet healthy.
I love having mine heated up in the microwave and topped with almond butter and cinnamon.
You can also enjoy it with a slather of yoghurt and honey!
- 250g trimmed rhubarb, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- ⅔ cup (110g) coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup (60g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (160g) wholemeal plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (280g) plain yoghurt
- 1/2 cup (120g) coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 125g raspberries
- Preheat oven to 16C. Grease a 12.5cm x 23.5cm (top measurement) loaf pan; line base and sides with baking paper, extending the paper 2cm over edge.
- Combine rhubarb, maple syrup, orange juice and 1/4 cup of the coconut sugar in a medium bowl.
- Place desiccated coconut in a medium bowl. Sift in flour, baking powder and soda; return husks to bowl.
- Place eggs, yoghurt, coconut oil, vanilla and orange rind in a jug; whisk to combine. Pour mixture over flour mixture.
Add half the rhubarb and one-third of the raspberries; stir well to combine. Spoon mixture into tin and level the top.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a crust has just formed on top.
Working quickly, scatter the remaining rhubarb mixture and raspberries over the top; sprinkle with remaining coconut sugar.
Return to the oven; bake for a further 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Stand in the pan for 20 minutes. Using the baking paper as an aid, pull loaf from tin; cool on a wire rack.
What do you think of my breakfast loaf recipe?
Want to try more delicious treats that can fit into your meal plan AND feed your family?
My MACROS recipe book is going to be 50% OFF for one day only!
My End of Financial Year sale is going to go OFF - so make sure you've set your alarms and marked your calendar for:
JUNE 28th, 7AM AEST.