Fudgey, chocolatey, and guilt-free - these chocolate and berry brownies from My Kids Eat Volume 2 are always a winner in my household. Too good to resist, they’re a perfect healthy after-dinner treat!
Give them a go and let me know what you think!
- 120g Almond Meal
- 50g Chocolate Protein Powder
- 75g Cacao Powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 100g Coconut Oil
- 250ml Rice Malt Syrup
- 280g Apple Sauce or Puree (Unsweetened)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Whites
- 125g Blueberries (or berries of your choice)
- Extra berries, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm x 30cm slice pan; line the base with baking paper.
- Combine almond meal, sifted protein powder, cacao and salt in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil and syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat until melted. Remove from heat; stand for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Whisk sauce and vanilla into syrup mixture, then eggs and egg whites, one at a time, whisking after each addition. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; whisk until combined. Fold in berries. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan.
- Cut into 24 pieces. Serve scattered with extra berries.
You can find more easy, healthy and delicious recipes like these in my recipe books!