My favourite books of 2019!
My goal for 2019 was to read a book a week, alternating between self development/business/money with a lil romance fiction. (my favourite!)
I got asked a lot HOW I found time to make this happen, here were my top tips:
- I didn't watch TV or series.
- I didn't mindlessly scroll on social media.
- I took a book in my handbag at all times- waiting at appointments, school etc
- I read before sleeping each night.
This goal not only meant that I spent a lot more of my time wisely, but also expanded my knowledge.
Along the way I have shared some of my favourite reads and it is certainly a question I still get asked everyday, so here is a list of my favourite books from 2019 in the 2 different categories I placed on my reads.
- Emotional Intelligence, Travis Bradberry & Jean Greavers
- Lost Connections, Johann Hari
- Mama Rising, Amy Taylor-Kabbaz
- Your own kind of girl, Clare Bowditch
- Lead like a coach, Karen Morely
- Awareness, Anthony De Mello
- The wisdom of Sundays, Oprah
- Get your shit together, Sarah Knight
- The subtle art of not giving a FK (almost didn't put this because.. sooo mainstream)
- Chaos to calm
- Do you talk funny? David Nihill
- Winging it, Emma Isaacs
- Barefoot Investor (parts of this I have used- others not so much!)
- The 7 habits of effective people, Stephen R Covey
- BURN OUT
- Why we sleep, Matthew Walker
- The invisible load, Dr Libby
- The strangers we know, Pip Drysdale
- The Sunday girl, Pip Drysdale
- Tell me a secret, Jane Fallon
- Not bad people, Brandy Scott
- Don't forget about me, Mhairi McFarlane
- Girl, woman, other, Bernardine Evaristo
- The giver of stars, Jojo Moyes
- The woman who stole my life, Marian Keyes
Beautiful Books I just love
- the sun and her flowers, Rapi Kaur
- Paris, Megan Hess
- Notes to my future daughter
- Pillow Thoughts
- Milk & Honey, Rapi Kaur
I trust that you will now have your 2020 reading fix sorted! Please let me know your best reads of 2019 in the comments below!