Share The Love ♡ Valentine's Day Recipes ♡
Buy 1, Get 1 Free and celebrate Valentine's Day!
Buy any of my favourite hard copies - MACROS, My Kids Eat Volume 2 or Fast Food for Fit Dads, and get any digital copy free!
Add your chosen free eBook to cart and simply use code "SHARETHELOVE" to redeem a digital copy of MACROS, My Kids Eat Volume 2 or Fast Food for Fit Dads along with your hard copy purchase. SHOP NOW.
Try these mouthwatering recipes for two this Valentine's Day ♡
Entree, dinner and dessert for your fave - with lots of leftover dessert ;)
I LOVE homemade gifts- I find them so personal and they pull just the right strings. I don't think we need a certain day to celebrate a loved one, but why not use this Valentine's Day as an excuse to eat delicious food with your babe.
ROCKET, CHICKEN & DATE SALAD
FROM MACROS >
COOK + PREP TIME: 40 MINUTES | MAKES 2
- 300g chicken breast fillet
- 3 cups (750ml) water
- 1 large orange (300g)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium pomegranate (160g)
- 70g baby rocket leaves
- 4 fresh dates (80g), pitted, quartered lengthways
- 12 dry roasted natural almonds (15g), chopped coarsely
- Place chicken and the water in a small saucepan over high heat; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes. Cool chicken in poaching liquid for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a zester, remove rind from half the orange in long thin strips (see Tips). Peel orange and cut into segments, reserving 1 1/2 tablespoons of juice.
- To make dressing, combine juices, rind, thyme and oil in a small jug. Season with pepper.
- Remove seeds from the pomegranate and reserve.
- Remove chicken from poaching liquid; shred coarsely.
- Arrange rocket on a large serving plate; drizzle with a little dressing. Top with chicken, orange segments, dates, pomegranate seeds and almonds. Drizzle with the remaining dressing.
If you don't have a zester, use a peeler to cut strips of orange rind, then cut the rind into long, thin strips. The chicken can be cooked a day ahead; cover and refrigerate.
MINESTRONE WITH BEEF RAVIOLI
COOK + PREP TIME: 25 MINUTES | MAKES 24
FROM Fast Food for Fit Dads >
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion (40g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 small carrot (70g), chopped finely
- 1 trimmed stalk celery (100g), chopped finely
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 150g fresh beef ravioli
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan
- 1 teaspoon chilli oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, rosemary, carrot and celery for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add tomatoes, stock and sugar; season. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes. Add ravioli and cook for a further 5 minutes or until ravioli is tended.
- Divide soup and ravioli among bowls. Top with parmesan, chilli oil and parsley; season.
FROM My Kids Eat Volume 2 >
COOK + PREP TIME: 45 MINUTES | MAKES 24
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal
- 1/2 cup (50g) chocolate protein powder
- 3/4 cup (75g) cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup (100g) coconut oil
- 1 cup (250ml) rice malt syrup
- 1 cup (280g) unsweetened apple sauce or puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 125g blueberries or berries of your choice
- extra berries, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm x 30cm slice pan; line the base with baking paper.
- Combine almond meal, sifted protein powder, cacao and salt in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil and syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat until melted. Remove from heat; stand for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Whisk sauce and vanilla into syrup mixture, then eggs and egg whites, one at a time, whisking after each addition. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; whisk until combined. Fold in berries. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan.
- Cut into 24 pieces. Serve scattered with extra berries.