You will love this breakfast loaf recipe!This ridiculously heavenly loaf is delicious yet healthy. I love having mine heated up in the microwave and topped with almond butter and cinnamon. You can also enjoy it with a slather of yoghurt and honey!
- 250g trimmed rhubarb, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- ⅔ cup (110g) coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup (60g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (160g) wholemeal plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (280g) plain yoghurt
- 1/2 cup (120g) coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 125g raspberries
- Preheat oven to 16C. Grease a 12.5cm x 23.5cm (top measurement) loaf pan; line base and sides with baking paper, extending the paper 2cm over edge.
- Combine rhubarb, maple syrup, orange juice and 1/4 cup of the coconut sugar in a medium bowl.
- Place desiccated coconut in a medium bowl. Sift in flour, baking powder and soda; return husks to bowl.
- Place eggs, yoghurt, coconut oil, vanilla and orange rind in a jug; whisk to combine. Pour mixture over flour mixture. Add half the rhubarb and one-third of the raspberries; stir well to combine. Spoon mixture into tin and level the top.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a crust has just formed on top. Working quickly, scatter the remaining rhubarb mixture and raspberries over the top; sprinkle with remaining coconut sugar. Return to the oven; bake for a further 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Stand in the pan for 20 minutes. Using the baking paper as an aid, pull loaf from tin; cool on a wire rack.