With delicious mangoes in season, I thought I’d share this fun, easy and energy-packed breakfast that I know the whole family will love waking up to - my Monster Muesli Trifles from My Kids Eat Volume 2 recipe book!
This is a favourite for my kids, and I love that it packs a flavour and nutrient punch. Plus, it’s easy enough for the kids to make!
Monster Muesli Trifles
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium mango (430g)
- 250g strawberries, quartered
- 2 cups (560g) Greek-style
- or coconut yoghurt
Ingredients for the Monster Muesli:
- 2 cups (180g) rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup (80g) sultanas
- 1⁄4 cup (35g) dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup (50g) pepitas
- 1⁄2 cup (40g) shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup (45g) black chia seeds
1. Make the Monster Muesli: Place all ingredients in a medium airtight container; mix together with your hands. This amount of muesli serves 8; you only need 1 cup for this recipe. Seal the remainder in the container and store at room temperature for up to 1 month.
2. Cut cheeks from mango; scoop the flesh from cheeks and chop coarsely. Combine mango and strawberries in a small bowl.
3. Divide fruit among four 375ml glasses. Top with yoghurt, then 1⁄4 cup of the Monster Muesli on each serve.
SWAP IT! You can substitute your favourite fruit for the mangoes and strawberries.