I believe that in order to grow, we need to continue to learn and expand our mindset. We’re so lucky to have so many words of wisdom and guidance at our fingertips - we need to embrace the opportunity to keep flourishing!
If that's not reason enough for you to get in some chapters tonight... Research by the University of Sussex has even found that 6 minutes of reading can reduce your stress by two thirds!
I aim to read one book a week, alternating between self development/business/money with a lil romance fiction (my favourite!).
Here are some of my current faves:
Women Don’t Owe You Pretty by Florence Given
- Such a refreshing read. In a world that tells women we're either not enough or too much, it's time we stop directing our anger and insecurities onto ourselves, and start fighting back to re-shape the toxic structures of our patriarchal society. This book will help you to tackle and challenge the limiting narrative you have been bombarded with your whole life, and determine feminism on your own terms.
The Paris Affair by Pip Drysdale
- A dark and sexy new thriller from my favourite fiction author. I couldn’t put this book down and ended up reading this all in one day!
Me First: The Guilt-free Guide to Prioritising You by Kate Christie
- A must for every time-poor working mum who has had enough of the juggle. An eye-opening read that teaches you how to start putting yourself first and how to take control of your time once and for all.
I Give My Marriage A Year by Holly Wainwright
- I find myself often recommending this book to those around me - it’s just so insightful, compelling and paints a sharply accurate, often hilarious picture of a modern Australian marriage.
How To Do The Work by Dr Nicole LePera
- Dr LePera offers the support and tools that will allow you to break free from destructive behaviours to reclaim and recreate your life. Nothing short of a paradigm shift, this is a celebration of empowerment that will forever change the way you approach mental wellness and self-care.
Attached by Amir Levine and Rachel Heller
- A groundbreaking book that I go back to again and again. Attached guides readers in determining what attachment style they and their mate (or potential mate) follow, offering a road map for building stronger, more fulfilling connections with the people they love.
The Awakened Woman by Dr Tererai Trent
- An intimate, and evocative guide that teaches nine essential lessons to encourage all women to reexamine their dreams and uncover the power hidden within them—power that can recreate our world for the better.
- I have been collecting (and writing!) words and quotes that resonate with me for years to bring you More than Words. There are words to empower you when you feel lost, words to ignite motivation when you need a boost, words to get you through a rainy day, and words to remind you how special you are.
What’s your favourite book right now? Let me know in the comments below or reach out to me on Instagram @sophie_guidolin