I use my thermo appliance every. single. day. I simply love it, which is why I created Everyday Thermo. With hundreds of people requesting our family favourites daily, including our pizza dough, this is a game changer book! I wanted to share another one of my favourite recipes from the book… Peanut Butter Popcorn Bars!
Peanut butter, popcorn and chocolate… I mean, is there a better combo? I think not. This smart snack is heavenly and will keep you (and the kids!) powering on throughout the day. Full of the good stuff and none of the nasties, it’s the perfect little mid-afternoon pick me up and a sure way to satisfy any of those sugar cravings without the guilt!
Try it for yourself and let me know what you think!
Peanut Butter Popcorn Bars
from my Everyday Thermo recipe book
Prep + Cook Time: 25 minutes (+ freezing)
- 60g cacao butter
- 3/4 cup (210g) smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (60ml) pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups (60g) salted natural popped popcorn
- 120g sugar-free dark chocolate (70% cocoa), broken into pieces
- Grease a 20cm square cake pan; line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over sides. Grease and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Insert whisk attachment in mixing bowl. Place cacao butter in mixing bowl, heat for 45 sec/100°C/speed 2 or until melted. Add peanut butter, maple syrup and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla, heat for 1 min/100°C/speed 2 or until smooth.
- Add half the popcorn; stir for 30 sec/speed 2 or until combined. Add remaining popcorn, stir for 45 sec/speed 2 or until evenly coated in the peanut butter mixture.
- Spoon popcorn into lined pan. Press mixture firmly and evenly over base of pan using a spatula (remove as many air pockets as possible). Cover; freeze for 2 hours or until set.
- Remove slice from pan. Using a serrated knife, cut into 12 bars. Place bars onto lined tray and return to freezer.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate in mixing bowl; chop for 8 sec/speed 7 or until finely chopped. Heat for 2 min/50°C/reverse/speed 2 or until chocolate starts to melt. Scrape down the side of the bowl with appliance spatula. Add remaining vanilla; heat for a further 3 min/50°C/reverse/speed 2 or until chocolate is melted. Pour the chocolate into a small wide glass.
- Dip ends of bars, one at a time, into melted chocolate; gently shake off excess chocolate. Return to lined tray; freeze for 5 minutes or until chocolate is set.
Meal Prep Tip: Bars can be made up to 1 month ahead and stored in the freezer between sheets of baking paper in an airtight container. Bars are best eaten directly from the freezer, however once removed they will hold together at room temperature for 3 hours.
Nutritional info per bar:
You can find more quick and healthy recipes like this in my Everyday Thermo recipe book - featuring 85 easy, quick, and convenient whole-food recipes that the whole family will love!