Living your life intentionally is the key to living with purpose.
How often have you felt like you’re going through the motions? The rat race? Making breakfast, your workout, having a shower, getting dressed - even sex with your partner or saying goodnight to your children.
Most would associate presence with simply turning off your phone or not talking to someone else when having a conversation - however intentional living changed my life and will for you also.
Doing everything in life with love and meaning is the difference between appreciating what you have, what you’re doing - attracting abundance and having an attitude of gratitude vs the ‘I have to workout, I need to diet, I have to do bedtime’ sentences - and emotions.
The benefits to living intentionally are priceless. To flow through life according to your own views, path to success and routine, as a result, provides you with a strong sense of fulfillment.
Making a plan to further progress in your success in life provides you with clarity.
If you move every day without a plan, you might find yourself more often feeling lost - searching for more - and living without gratitude. This ultimately keeps you from living a happy, fulfilling life.
What to know when it comes to setting intentions:
- Start With Gratitude
- When you’re ready for change in your life, you have to let go of what was and start being grateful of what you have right now. Gratitude is an essential part of the intention-setting process as it allows you to shift your focus to the good things you already have in your life. Start by writing down three things you’re grateful for each day, and as you write, notice how you feel. Really feel those emotions and start to focus on what you want more of in your life. Is it more happiness, joy, fulfillment, energy, or excitement? Continue focusing on those emotions as you continue your intention-setting practice.
- Identify Your Core Values
- Your core values are an essential part of setting an intention as they guide your behaviors, decisions, and actions. When you know what’s important to you, you can live in alignment with those values. Click here to read more about core values and what yours are.
- Declare Your Intentions
- When you’ve set your intentions, declare them to yourselves. It will keep you focused, accountable and on track. Say your intention out loud to yourself at least three times a day to keep it at the forefront of your mind.
- Create A Plan/Routine
- Put together a plan to commit yourself to personal growth. Understand the resources you need (books, courses, tools), who can help you (friends, family, teachers), what strengths you need, and what limitations you need to overcome. Creating a plan of action, and even a daily routine, helps put the wheels in motion and enables you to keep track of your progress.
In life, we are on a constant journey to fulfilling our life's purpose. Seeking our ultimate goal in life is what makes the journey so thrilling - so worthwhile.
Remind yourself daily of your intentions. Say it out loud. Write it down. Tell a loved one.
Create the life that you see worth living. Above all, be present. Make sure to be aware of your surroundings and take in all that’s around you.