I don’t know about you, but when the weather starts getting warmer and the days begin to get longer, I instantly start craving fresh, zesty and light salads. We all know time is my biggest commodity, so I want something that is healthy, filling and will fuel my bod, but not take hours to whip up. This Smoked Salmon, Citrus & Avocado Salad from my MACROS recipe book ticks all the boxes - simple, quick, delicious and macro-friendly!
Give it a go and let me know what you think!
Smoked Salmon, Citrus & Avocado Salad from MACROS
Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Serves: 6
- 2 medium oranges (480g)
- 2 medium lemons (280g)
- 2 small pink grapefruits (700g)
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium avocados (500g)
- 300g sliced smoked salmon
- 80g snow pea tendrils
- 1/3 cup fresh dill leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Peel oranges, lemons and grapefruits to remove all white pith. Peel fruit over a bowl to catch the juice, reserve juices. Cut the peeled fruits crossways into thick slices.
- Arrange sliced fruit, tomato, avocado, salmon, snow pea tendrils, and herbs on a large serving platter. Service drizzled with combined avocado oil and 1/4 cup of the citrus juices. Season to taste.
See, how easy was that? And I can guarantee it is DELICIOUS - that citrus juice dressing is a zesty game-changer, for sure!
Nutritional info per serve:
313 Cals | 10.1g Carbs | 16.2g Protein | 21.7g Fat
Love this recipe? You can find more macro-friendly recipes in my wellness and lifestyle recipe book, MACROS, where you’ll discover 65 whole food recipes with macro breakdowns, a 7-day meal plan, and exercise program.
I'd love to know what recipe you'd like to see from me next? Leave a comment below with your suggestions!