To spoil the special woman in your life this Mother’s Day (or any day of the year), I give you the ultimate Mother’s Day breakfast - Coconut & Chilli Egg Roti!
Straight from my Everyday Thermo, this recipe is one of my fave’s to whip up in my thermo appliance - quick, easy, healthy AND delicious. It’s so good that I instantly want more and I'm sure your mama will too!
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Coconut & Chilli Egg Roti
- 10g Fresh Ginger
- 10g Fresh Turmeric
- 2 Fresh Coriander Sprigs, stems and leaves separated
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Eggs Whites
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Canned Light Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp Salt-Reduced Soy Sauce
- 4 Wholemeal Roti (320g)
- 1 Lebanses Cucumber (130g), peeled into ribbons
- 2 tbsp Flaked Coconut, toasted
- 2 tbsp Sugar-Free Chilli Jam OR Sriracha
- Place ginger, turmeric and coriander stems in a mixing bowl; chop for 5 sec/speed 7. Scrape down the side of the bowl. Add eggs, egg whites, coconut milk and soy sauce; blend for 10 sec/speed 7.
- Line the steaming dish with a piece of dampened baking paper. Carefully pour in egg mixture. Stack steaming tray on top of steaming dish; line with a layer of paper towel to absorb condensation. Cover with lid.
- Pour 2 cups (500g) boiling water into the cleaned mixing bowl. Position stacked steaming dish and tray over mixing bowl; cook for 12 min steam mode/speed 3, stirring eggs every 4 minutes, or until just set.
- Warm roti in a toaster or microwave. Top warmed roti with scrambled eggs, cucumber, coriander leaves and toasted coconut flakes.
Serve with chilli jam or sriracha, or fresh sliced red chilli, if you like.
Find more wholefood recipes like this in my Everyday Thermo recipe book - featuring 85 easy, quick, and convenient wholefood recipes that the whole family will love!